Friday, March 16, 2007

Writer's Burnout

A writer's world is one of feast, famine, and desperation. Knowing full well that I was overburdened this month, I continued to take on project after project, because I might be wearing a Will Write for Food sign next month. This is no way to live. Everyone wants everything now, but I can't turn down the work! As a result, I've been working from morning until 2 a.m. One sad result is that yesterday I answered my own e-mail.

I don't know (being highly technologically impaired) how I did it, but writer friend Kimberly, by the way the most generous person I've ever met, asked if I could meet her for coffee on Wednesday. I replied that I couldn't but I could make it on Thursday or Friday. Then somehow, I sent the message to myself and replied to MYSELF that Thursday or Friday would be just fine.

I need more sleep . . . and somebody, please! . . . a Bahamavention!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home