Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Editor's Correction

The sun referred to in "The Master Race," a previous blog, is not actually a planet, but a star. Even though it's the central body of our solar system and keeps us all from instantaneously freezing solid and shattering into thousands of crystals, scientists won't give the sun planet status because it's on fire (or something like that). Who is the editor (that would be me) to play willy-nilly with the solar system by calling the sun a planet? Why would the editor during another wake-up-in-the-middle of the night bout of insomnia suddenly think, "Wait a minute! The sun is not a planet!?" Who knows? But in any case, she stands corrected--by herself, and of course all scientists. Please excuse any carnage caused by this error.

7 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Jerry said...

Sun, planet, galaxy, universe, eternity--whatever. We all may be floating in some alien septic tank for all we know.

After all, nobodies every actually been to the sun. We really can't be sure what it is.

Oh waiter, waiter. Can I have more kraut with my kielbasa? I'm sorry sir, we have no more kraut. Mr. Zeitgeist ate the last portion.

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Gail said...

I like that theory. OR, it could be the place that bad people go when they die and that's why it's burned for so long:) I'm so full of happy thoughts.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

I think if you were to stare at the sun long enough, you might be able to see cookies on the surface. Or, maybe you would see bad people sunning themselves and drinking margaritas like they do on earth.

Most bad people sing and do drugs and then do perverse things and write books about it. That's why I think it may be good to be bad if you get some good press.

I dance like the wind.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Gail said...

How much pain medication are you taking?!

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

Not enough! I have moments of lucidity and then I watch the news. You're just jealous because I dance like the wind.

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Gail said...

You must have seen me dance before. Actually I made a resolution to give up dancing decades ago, and it's the only resolution I've ever kept. Except for last year's which was to spend more money on gambling. Kept that one too.

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger Jerry said...

If you have not danced recently, it means you are not drinking enough when you are socializing.

The cliches about drinking and dancing are accurate. New Year before last we went into Madison where an upscale restaurant was having a band and party. After about 3 drinks, Beth and I were up with all the other folks doing our best impersonation of Elaine's dance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home