Saturday, February 24, 2007

All Superstition Aside

I haven't read it yet, but I just received "The God Delusion" in the mail, a book recommended by Jerry. Supposedly, the author, Richard Dawkins, a gentleman, genius, and a scholar explains not only the improbability of a God, and thus religion, but the danger of such beliefs. I haven't read it yet, so I'm keeping an open mind, but while thumbing through the contents, the first thing I saw was this chapter title: "The 'Good' Book and the Changing Moral ZEITGEIST."

It's a sign, I tell you. It's a sign!

(Please see "Screwing with Vanity Fair")

3 Comments:

At 12:28 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

Don't pay any attention to Dawkins. He is an uber-poser trying to be cool. He's always trying to impress people with big words.

He probably thinks its a German menu item. "I'd like an order of zeitgeist and some sauerkraut." He is the kind of pretentious, intellectual wannabe who drops intellectual turds like eponymous into his conversations to make everybody think he is smart.

He probably never heard of it until he visited the biker bar in San Francisco of the same name.

If he had vetted the word properly, he would have recognized that it is embedded in every piece of pseudo-intellectual horse manure written today. I started reading that very chapter, when all of a sudden something went terribly wrong...

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Gail said...

Well now you tell me! Didn't you recommend this book? You're probably experiencing Schadenfreude that I spent my hard-earned money on it. How do you say "What the hell" in German?

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

If you Google "Dawkins," I think you will feel confident. He's uber-respected.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home