Friday, June 22, 2007

A Serious Discussion: Part II

My sister, Jennifer, read the highly intellectual discussion regarding super powers and the following dialogue occurred via e-mail:

----- Original Message -----
To: Gail
Subject: RE: Something Serious
From: Jennifer

(Name of coworker) said that the part about not being able to become visible to surprise people shouldn't really be a problem because you can still speak. That would freak people out significantly enough I think. The feelability is still problematic.

You make some very good points. I think these would be excellent super powers. If I couldn't get the teleporting, I think flying would be my next choice. Invisibility and flying would be a fun combo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail
To: JenniferSubject:
RE: Something Serious

(Coworker) makes a good point, but it relegates one to simply being Casper.
And you would have to fly NAKED for gosh sakes! There's no getting around it! Then you would have even more problems because you would have to return to the same spot where you left your clothes, because you can't teleport! This means you would be limited to very casual flying expeditions within a few miles radius of your clothes.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jennifer
To: Gail
Subject: RE: Something Serious

Well you need one invisible outfit then, plus invisible accessories.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail
To: JenniferSubject:
RE: Something Serious

Well that's just wacky talk!

----- Original Message -----
From: Jennifer
To: Gail
Subject: RE: Something Serious

Hey, if you can grant the exception of two super powers, why can't we tack on some special allowances? You're going to have to be able to wear your glasses, remember?


-----Original Message-----
From: Gail
To: Jennifer
Subject:
RE: Something Serious

I think that Jack would argue that x-ray vision comes with invisibility :) Besides that, if I had those super powers, I'd go ahead and spring for Lasik. I'll have to contemplate the special allowances concept--could be a slippery slope.

Original Message -----
From: Jennifer
To: Gail
Subject: RE: Something Serious

As if we're not already on a slippery slope!

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Colm Smyth said...

Superpowers! Cool!

I always found the end of Highlander disappointing, but in hindsight, I would wish for telepathy. Imagine being able to understand how someone else thinks and feels for a change?

Wait, I've got it - time travel. The power to fix all the mistakes I ever made, as well as some others besides.

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Gail said...

If I set out fixing all of my mistakes, I'd be a very busy person. But on second thought, I enjoyed making some of them--at least at the time. The thing that worries me about changing things is the after-wave concept that one might change the history of the world with one minor alteration in history. I would like to read other's thoughts but that power would have to have an on/off switch. I'm glad you didn't try to claim that time travel included teleportation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home