Monday, June 16, 2008

Time Flies

It’s the Saturday before Father’s Day ’08. I’m preparing to go to dinner and Jack’s in the shower. We’ve decided to go to dinner the day before to celebrate because we know that the actual day will be crazy at all of the restaurants. David is coming home from Athens for the occasion. “So should we wait for David to go to dinner?” I ask.

“No, he says it will be too late,” Jack answers.

Then I have one of those out-of-body experiences. A chill goes through me. My God, I just brought my baby home! It’s a time-warp experience that makes me want to cry. “Jack, what happened?” I say. “It’s as if I was holding him for one minute and now I’m waiting for him to come for dinner on Father’s Day!? Where did the time go?”

Jack says, “I just don’t know.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home