Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hello, Rug Doctor?

We rented a do-it-yourself rug shampooer from the grocery. The first one didn’t work so I had to lug it back for an exchange. I noticed that the following message was printed in large black letters on the side: Reward for recovery and conviction if this device is stolen. Call 1-800-Rug-Doctor.

I couldn’t imagine a realistic scenario for this event to take place. Suppose I see a neighbor taking the shampooer into his home. Then I keep the house under surveillance for days waiting to see this same neighbor load the big red machine back into his vehicle. Do I follow the guy to ensure that he returns the machine? What if he takes it to a second location? (This is something that the victim should never allow, but the Rug Doctor depends on good neighbors and citizens for its well-being.)

What if the neighbor never emerges from the house? Do I call 911 or 1-800-Rug-Doctor? The second choice is obviously the most logical. “Hello, Rug Doctor? I’d like to report a suspected stolen shampoo device, but I prefer to remain anonymous until its recovery and my payment in full. For now, just call me Deep Clean."

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

Does this mean that you did not clean your dirty carpet--instead, you started spying on your neighbors to see if they are thieves?

Or, have you decided to become a carpet detective--tracking down devices--what ever they are?

Or, are you stalking some guy with a "big red machine?" (and I'n not going to ask what that is)

And, for God's sake, how can a "shampoo device" (I'm not going to ask what that is) be suspected of being stolen; is it missing? If its missing, do you suspect one of your thieving neighbors has borrowed it?

Do you get along with your neighbors? Which one of them is a practicing wig physician? Would you send me a map of your neighborhood so I can be sure and avoid it when our Church group goes north next week to attend the annual "mothers against sinners" convention?

Are your neighbors sinning with the big red device? So many unanswered questions and your soul is at stake. Please save yourself and call 1-800-get-evil for more information. Every new member gets their rug shampooed for free.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Gail said...

Dear Jerry (if that is your real name). You continually miss the point, the absurdity of such a situation occurring being the point. What the hell is this obsession with sin? Either you're speaking in tongues or you require an exorcist.

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Unless if you're wanting to retaliate your neighbor as a Payback I can see where you would want to get involved but if you and your neighbor get along so well it's probably not a good idea to be getting involved because when you live next door to someone you don't want them to retaliate you because you have nowhere to run except the slow process of moving out of your house because of wanting to get away from your neighbor so I wouldn't try to retaliate if he's been good to you

 
At 1:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found a red rug doctor in a storage shed at house that was abandoned. I was asked to help clean up the yard and backyard where I came upon this shed and inside was this rug doctor. It does say reward if recovery. Is this true.? If so is this 1800 number an actual place? And will I get a reward for this

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home