Friday, October 20, 2006

Sister Act

I went to take my mother to visit my older sister who lives in the North Georgia mountains. I was just staying for a few days because I wouldn’t survive if I stayed much longer. You see this particular sister is always talking about coming to the mountains to relax, but she is about as relaxed as a fight dog on meth. She once seriously threatened to kill me for dropping some ice on her floor. She watches me eat and criticizes me for taking too many bites (more potential for crumbs). She is OCD2 (that's obsessive compulsive disorder squared) and I’m not talking behind her back here. She knows it and likes it, sometimes cleans until 3 a.m. Do NOT get in her way. Do NOT protest when she wants to scrub the tub in your room at 2:30 in the morning. Do not argue when she makes you drive around the mountains looking for a place to buy toilet paper at 4 a.m. (Oh, well, that's another story.)

One of the things that drives me crazy is that no matter how careful I am, I inevitably become the target of her ire. I find it particularly annoying that I can’t even find a way to agree with her.

Her: I really liked such and such a movie.
Me: I liked that too.
Her: Really, you never like those kinds of movies. It wasn’t that good.

Her: I think I’ll buy this. What do you think?
Me: I like it.
Her: It’s actually kind of ugly.

Her: Why aren’t there any police around when you need them?
Me: I know. They’re only around when someone is going two miles over the speed limit.
Her: Well, I disagree. They are pretty busy you know.
Me: You see this is a perfect example of the fact that you argue with me no matter what I say.
Her: That’s not true.

7 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger El Moe said...

I like the "fight dog on meth" phrase. Do you take too many bites? I doubt your sister will want to scrub my tub at 2 am. Cheers.

http://horale.blogspot.com

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Tim Williams said...

Okay, the comment above mine has a slight serial killer feel to it at the end........


but then again maybe I've just seen too many Hannibal Lecter movies.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Tim Williams said...

Hey no offense meant there el moe...

Sorry if I offended you.

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

I don't think this is quite fair; you have received 4 unique descriptors and all I got was 2--misguided moron and obnoxious.

This is the story of my life--everybody always gets more consideration than I do.

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger El Moe said...

I'm sorry, Jerry. I will share some of mine if you like.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Jerry said...

If you don't mind, I would like the pseudo-intellectual mutant one back. I know you have grown attached to it, but it really fits me better than you.

If you want, I can swap you obnoxious and misguided moron.

 
At 4:59 AM , Blogger El Moe said...

Deal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home