Saturday, April 14, 2007

Left Brain/Right Brain

Like many people who are brilliant with technology and numbers, Jack is not great at spelling. (I admit that sometimes the simplest of words look strange to me as well.) Therefore, he sometimes uses me as a call-in dictionary.

"Hello?"

"Spell 'characterization.'"

I'll spell it, he thanks me, and says good-bye. I've had some strange looks if people are in the house when I answer the phone, spell a word, and then hang up.

The other day he said, "Spell 'something.'"

I asked, "Anything?"

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM , Blogger Jerry said...

If he'd said, spell "nothing," you could have hung up on him.

If he ever asked you to spell "ho," you can report him to the diversity Gestapo and he would probably be sentenced to some soft time; Jack needs the rest.

Or, you could say he called you a "ho" and he might do some white-collar time for spousal abuse. In either case, Jack would get a few weeks off the road.

I wonder if Imus would have been fired for calling someone a tightly-textured, cranial garden tool?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home